Comprehensive Thyroid Analysis
What’s it used for?
The VitaHealth Comprehensive Thyroid Analysis evaluates thyroid function. A healthy functioning thyroid needs a balanced level of thyroid stimulating hormone or TSH, T3, and T4. Together these hormones stimulate the gland and store hormones that increase or decrease energy expenditure. The thyroid is also related to the role of other body systems and may cause certain symptoms if it is not functioning at optimum. The role of these hormones may include:
- The thyroid stimulating hormone or TSH signals the thyroid to perform its job and burn calories.
- T3 uptake is used to estimate the amount of TBG ( Thyroxine-Binding Globulin) in the blood and how much T3 and T4 is available for the body to use. This number directly affects the T3 and T4 levels.
- T4 circulates in the blood and influences how other organs and the heart function in the body.
- T7 is a calculated measure of T4 x T3U (T3 Uptake).A27
- Free T3 is used to help diagnose thyroid disorders, especially hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid).
- Free T4 is a hormone produced by the thyroid gland. T4 helps regulate metabolism and body temperature.
- Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody (TPO) test is often used to detect autoimmune thyroid disease